Sunday, October 29, 2006

This is my project for this afternoon. My daughter and son-in-law picked this brick cover from a group of completed projects from my 91 year old mother. Mom did this many years ago and it was never put onto a brick, so when Helen chose this to have in her home I said I would finish it for her. We are going to Helen and Chris' for Thanksgiving and I will take this to them all finished. It isn't too hard and they will get a lot of use out of it in their new home.
I'm happy to be able to put some of Mom's things into use. She knitted a lot, but I got her started in cross stitch and needlepoint many years ago and she did a beautiful job with her needlework. She never sewed much, so I did most of her finishing anyway. I have a couple of cross stitch items to do for myself, too. Should be fun and bring back some good memories.
;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the brick cover is really lovely! my own mother is a hummingbird person as well. i just gotta know; what is it for? does it function as a doorstop?
i feel stupid asking, but i couldn't get over how pretty it was and then i just couldn't figure out the use...