Monday, October 23, 2006

One of my favorite pictures and a great memory


This is a picture of Morro Rock in the bay at Morro Bay, CA. My family moved there when I started high school in 1960 and my mother still lives there with a gorgeous view from her home. Mom was an avid knitter. Each fall as my sister and I would be starting school we would go to the stores to buy new skirts and then Mom would take our skirt to the yarn shop to find matching yarn to knit a sweater. When I started college, I had several sets of handknit sweaters with matching skirts. Wasn't I lucky? Mom is now 91 years old and cannot knit anymore with major arthritis in her hands. She still wears a lot of handknit sweaters and they still look beautiful. I'm trying to carry on the tradition with knitting for my whole family. It's fun! Socks, scarves, sweaters, etc!!!

No comments: