Thursday, October 19, 2006

28 October Ramblings

I went to Ben Franklin the other day to take advantage of their 1/3 off sale and had good luck. I'm providing a raffle basket in November at the VLA conference and I purchased several knitting items today to put into the basket. I got a knitting beginners kit, with tools and a book, 8 skeins of Lion Brand yarn for a lap sized afghan and 2 skeins of Lion Brand chenille for neck scarves. Also a package of knitting bras and two pair of circular needles. I think these will make a great basket for the raffle. Hopefully some people at work will contribute more knitting things, too! Fran told me yesterday that she would contribute some books and patterns, so this should be a great basket for the raffle.
I am currently knitting two linen hand towels from the Mason Dixon knitting book with the Euroflax yarns. I'm also knitting a pair of socks, and have started the Knitpicks FairIsle cardigan. There's a shawl in the works in a beautiful burgundy merino yarn. Who knows what else I have partially finished! I am constantly starting things and occasionally finishing. ;-)

No comments: