Sunday, March 25, 2007

Photo heavy post, mostly yarn


This is some yummy sock yarn I bought on Ebay. I have no idea when I'll get to it, but it looks and feels wonderful! I can hardly wait.

This is a beautiful blue yarn I purchased on Ebay, too. IF it's a boy, I will be all set. Girls wear blue, too, so I'm sure it will be put to good use.

This is self explanatory. I can knit baby things or adult thing, and even washcloths with this. I got several skeins of each color, so lots of options and fun!

This is the beginning of my first lace shawl. I plan to give it to my pregnant daughter as a treat for her, since almost everything else is for the baby about now. I MAY have it finished for Easter, but then again, I may keep it until the baby shower in June. Fortunately she doesn't read my blog, so I can post here without worrying that she is seeing it. This has been fun for me to knit. I've tried a little lace knitting before, but nothing this substantial and I'm please with my patience and how it is progressing.

This is Cottontots yarn I ordered from Joann's. The blanket I've already done is out of the Koolade variegated yarn, so I needed a bit more to make a bib or burper. The green, blue and yellow will coordinate with the blanket, too, but be solid colors for designs in washcloths. The purple is just in case the baby is a girl, so I can do a couple of really girly things for her. ;-)

No comments: