Sunday, March 04, 2007

Baby Blanket and Booties



Yeah!!! I've finished a blanket and it looks really pretty and feels exceptionally soft! It is made out of Thread Art Soft and Thick Chenille in white. Perfect for a brand new grandchild!. I think I'll try to make a sweater and cap out of the same chenille. The green booties are out of Paton's Astra and were really simple, except for my binding off. I learned that I bind off too tightly and tried something new this time. I enlarged the bindoff needle two sizes and it helped a lot. I may just try that with casting on next time, too. In spite of knitting for almost 50 years, I learn new things all the time and it makes it even more fun because of that.

I went to Ben Franklin's 1/3 off sale today and bought several skeins of Paton's Grace to hopefully make a few baby washcloths. I'll post those as I do them. I got a couple of Sugar and Cream cotton balls and some other baby yarns, too. Fun, fun, fun!! ;-)

No comments: