Sunday, January 07, 2007

Nothing to show today!

I've been busy this past week. Taking down Christmas decorations, getting back to work with a vengeance, picking up the house, getting "baby" things down from the attic (not yet gone through, unfortunately), and trying to help my husband have a happy birthday, yesterday.

I have gotten to a small yarn department and purchased a couple of baby yarns to start some presents with. Yes, presents for my daughter and her husband. They "say" they will not tell us the sex of the baby, so I'm going with the safe yellow, green and white for now. Hopefully she'll tell me when she finds out and I can make blue or hot pink things for the baby. She doesn't like pale pink at all! I think I might just go to lavender, because she loves any shade of purple, too.

I've started to reorganized my yarn stash and have even purchased a really cute hot pink nubby yarn with hopes of using it eventually for a baby. If not this one, then one in the future. Finding baby things I've stashed around the house is fun, too! A friend reminded me I will need some things here for the baby to visit, so I won't give it all away.

I'll try to post with pictures next time. I'm almost finished with my burgundy merino shawl, I've got a pair of really pretty purple socks on the needles now, and I've started a white chenille baby blanket. I'll probably have more on the needles soon! ;-)

No comments: