Friday, January 12, 2007

Completed shawl


This is my finished merino shawl. It's really plain stocking knit stitch with a seeded edge all the way around. I need to block it, still, but I'm looking forward to our eventual winter weather (hope, hope!!) so I can wear it and feel all cuddly and warm from it. The picture is pretty true to the burgundy color, too! I finally remembered to turn the flash off to capture the color better.

I'm having fun ordering and dreaming about knitting for the new grandbaby. I'm ordering new sock yarns, too, and dishcloth cottons. I'll be busy, but that's how I'd rather be most of the time. I'm hoping my pregnant daughter will let me sew a few maternity clothes for her, too. She isn't a sewer. Mostly does cross stitch and does a nice job, but she really does appreciate my sewing and smocking and knitting. I'm happy to have someone special to do these crafts.
;-)

No comments: