Thursday, September 25, 2008

D Day in our house


This is the "Hey, Teach" that I made for Helen and it looks really good after washing. I've given it to her and hope it will fit, but she didn't try it on before we left. It's a gorgeous color for her, so I'm really hopeful.

Today is "D" day. Departure for Tom and David to drive to the West Coast. I had a little weepiness, but didn't actually cry, so I'm proud of myself. I'm so proud of Tom and excited for him. I actually told him I'm a little envious, too. I loved my 5 1/2 years on San Francisco. I just wish I could go back. Visiting him will be fun, needless to say!

The other picture here is the "Helena" sweater I knit for Chrissy. I didn't get a picture of the hat I knit to match it, but it is a rolled edge, plain hat and I put a little flower on the top. Just loose petals to make it a little more girly. I've posted both of these sweaters on Ravelry, too, with all the details. I'm Susie. Just plain and simple, Susie. I guess I was early enough in joining Ravelry to get a simple name like that.

I really have my work cut out for myself here at home for the next week. Wish me luck getting all of Tom's stuff picked up and out of our living space. He really did make a mess. In spite of it all we love him tremendously!

;-)

No comments: