Thursday, February 08, 2007

No pictures! I'm sorry!

I'm just glad to be posting! We've had my mother-in-law in the hospital in the past 10 days and then yesterday she was finally released to go to a nursing home. It has been a long haul and we are convinced she is in the right place, because she is truly safe now and will get proper care. She was living alone and full-time care just wasn't feasible.

I've managed to get both baby blankets to the half or better point. I've done the Feb. 1 KAL for a new dishcloth and it's really pretty. I have also finished my merino purple first sock and started the second one. (waiting in the hospital has it's good points when you have your knitting along!)

I'll try to get some pictures taken, but doubt it will be anytime soon. We still have to do a lot of work to clear out the apartment and sort through her things to determine what should be kept for rotation in her room.

Grandbaby number 1 is still safe and sound, but the pregnant mother is still having strong morning sickness at 15 weeks, so I doubt the sickness is going to stop for her, darn it. I just wish she could have a little while of really enjoying being pregnant!

;-)

1 comment:

Kathleen Colligan said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. After you left a commnent, I looked at yours. You and I have much in common! I just retired and started to knit.You will love retirement- but miss working at first.
I have 2 elderly parents and have had them in and out of hospitals.I moved them out of their house of 45 years into an apartment. My Dad was in a nursing home and then went home,although he probably should still be there. It was very draining emotionally on everyone.
Love your kitty!