Sunday, November 05, 2006

New Socks on the needles

This is some yarn I purchased on Ebay in August and it is absolutely beautiful!! It is hand dyed 100% Merino Sock Wool, in shades of blue, purple and pink. The seller was KBRECE and she has more up for auction that I'm watching. The quality of this yarn is superb! it is very soft, the colors are very deep and it knits into a really nice finish. I'm knitting on size 2 (US) bamboo needles and I'm knitting with the pattern in the picture, which is River Rapids Socks. This is a pleasant pattern, too. I'm really excited about this project, so hopefully it won't take too long to get done.

I'm off to Williamsburg on Wednesday for a library conference (VLA annual) and home on Friday evening. Then on Saturday my DH and I will be flying to Las Vegas to visit my brother and have some fun for almost a week, so my postings will be few and far between for a couple of weeks.

;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are my colors.....I think you meant to buy that yarn for me. Doesn't the start of a sock look comforting and homey? I'll wait to see the finished sock on your foot now....